A great start for any child
For Parkwood to be known as a caring school where all children gain the confidence to become positive 'can do' quality learners for life.
To give children a great start to learning by providing a school community where everyone is happy and eager to learn.
Aims of the School
As a school we aim to:
- Provide a firm foundation for a life time of learning.
- Provide a stable, safe, caring and stimulating environment in which learning takes place.
- Encourage the school and local community to work and grow together.
- Provide a broadly balanced curriculum where individual needs are met and children are encouraged to be active independent learners.
- Enable children to develop their full potential and respect themselves and others.
- Develop high quality teaching, based on high expectations of the whole school community.
- Provide equal opportunities for all our children and to develop their self-esteem.
- Celebrate the racial and cultural diversity of our members which so enrich our school.
- Provide high levels of expectation both in ourselves and the children through promoting positive self-esteem evaluation, reslpect and tolerance.